Tuesday, 30 June 2009
I would have done a bit more, but the tennis got too interesting and unfortunately, I can't watch TV and stitch at the same time. If I can see the tiny holes to stitch, I can't see the television, and if I can see the TV, I can't see the holes. The joys of getting older-please note, I didn't say old! The other distraction was this little cutie.
Monday, 29 June 2009
This is the progress so far. One page is almost complete and I am a quarter of the way through. How many days late finishing do you think I will be?
Today will not be a day for much stitching. I have to collect the boys and there is a little kitty coming back with them.
For the last few days, all the floss I have been using, has been laid out on the seat next to where I sit and stitch. The skeins and bobbins are all in neat lines, so I can find exactly which thread I need without having to search through them all. I am not sure how long that will last with a new kitten in the house.
Sunday, 28 June 2009
Friday, 26 June 2009
I'm really quite pleased with the join, it doesn't look as if this will be coming apart any time soon. The two sides were joined using double crochet, and it beats sewing up.
Thursday, 25 June 2009
Wednesday, 24 June 2009
Once the four squares were joined, a double crochet border was added all the way round. Then a another round in the granny square style. This was then ready to add the tab which will be used to attach to the handle.
The tab was done in double crochet rows. I must say, this is a lot neater than the rows I achieved on the class I went to a couple of months ago.
This is the end result. I need to sew in all the ends and get the other side put together. I just need to get the feeling back in my fingers first.
Tuesday, 23 June 2009
Monday, 22 June 2009
I inherited some fabric from my mum, which I used for the back. I think she got it with the intention of making something for the boys when they were little. I just thought the colours tied in nicely with the front.
Sunday, 21 June 2009
I have done three granny squares and need five more. They will eventually come together to make a bag. The squares are the easy bit, and something I have done before It's the rest of it that will be a challenge. I'm even going to try and line it too to give it some extra strength.
In between, I have managed to do another couple of inches on J's jumper, I have about eight more inches to do to finish the back. Slowly but surely, I will get there.
Saturday, 20 June 2009
This is a TAST sampler block I did last year and have made into a wall hanging. This is the largest I can go with just a loop finish.
Friday, 19 June 2009
We started with a paper pattern.
You will notice the lines around the design. These mark out the final size of the card, the dotted line on the left being the fold line.
We traced the outline of the flowers and the leaves using a white pen.
We then turned our attention to the corner patterns. Each of those dots had to be pricked. For the groups of four, we used a four pronged pricking tool, making sure we had a pricking mat under the paper. This stops the table or the tools being damaged.
Thursday, 18 June 2009
Wednesday, 17 June 2009
Tuesday, 16 June 2009
I finally got the back completed and it wasn't until I was looking at the photo, that I really noticed how the yarn was patterning. It will be slightly different on the fronts due to the shorter rows. I am using using Sirdar Peru in Picot. It's quite a sea green sort of colour and I am really enjoying knitting with it.
Monday, 15 June 2009
Saturday, 13 June 2009
I do like how this one is developing and quite relaxing to stitch too. I think this will be looking forward to having a good iron once it is completed.
Just when I thought I'd caught up, they have released the next part. At least there I have two months before part four comes out.
Friday, 12 June 2009
Stitches used were chain, double crochet and half treble. It is finished off with a picot edging.
I should have crocheted the cord, but I couldn't get it to stay neat, so I thought a ribbon would do very nicely, thank you.
I have already bought the yarn for the next project. I think this one will take more than a day to complete though.
J has asked me to make him a little pouch in black and D wants me to teach him to crochet. Hang on boys, mum's still learning here.
Thursday, 11 June 2009
Tuesday, 9 June 2009
Monday, 8 June 2009
Sunday, 7 June 2009
Most of the stitching is cross stitch over two strands on 28count linen. The lettering was stitched over one. The centre of the main violet is a smyrna cross stitch and there was the very minimum of back stitch.
I used a pale green fabric for the back with a flower motif. I chose this fabric from my stash as the green matched the light green of the leaves on the front. In the end, I went with a wall hanging finish, bearing in mind that this has to take a trip across the Atlantic.
This is the last of the exchange pieces I have to do for a while. I can now concentrate on catching up with Alla Turca and An Important Flower. I also have the next round robin piece to work on, though I need to find a design for this first.
Saturday, 6 June 2009
I know that it will probably get pushed to one side unless I set myself a time to have try, so beware next Wednesday. The frustrated mutterings you'll be hearing could be coming from my corner of the world.
Friday, 5 June 2009
Thursday, 4 June 2009
This is how it looks now after doing April's installment. Only May and June's to do now and I am back on track. I will have to go the the library tomorrow. to get May and June printed. I hope that by the end of the month I will back to where I should be.
I think for the rest of the evening I will do some of J's jumper. Good mindless knitting, even though it is black.